Advantages and Disadvantages of Independent House and Apartments | Subhagruha
22nd May, 2022
If you have decided to buy a home, the immediate question that rises in your mind is that, “Should I get an Apartment or an Independent House?”
Considering major factors, there are both benefits and drawbacks of both options. Before taking a decision make sure to check out the various factors below.
- Are you going to get the apartment or individual house in the place where you have resettled? In this case, there would be only a few members.
- In which stage of life you are? Bachelor, married or with kids? You will need extra rooms in case of elders or other members.
- Know your job type, are you a person who travels often or shift cities for various job offers?
Ok, now let’s check out the pros and cons of both Independent House and Apartment in brief below!
Benefits of Independent Home
Be ready to grab an independent house if you are satisfied with the following advantages.
You will be able to enjoy higher degree of freedom if you opt to an independent house
- You could design your house as per your preference and likes.
- You can alter the interior and exterior of the home based on the latest trends.
- You can set up a garden area if you are a person who loves gardening.
- You will be able to take care of your pets and group them without any disturbance as you wish.
- You will have more privacy without any problems.
- You could expand the space at your home as required when your child grows up.
- You could develop higher floors and get income by providing the room to rent.
Drawbacks of an Independent House
Though Independent home provides you the maximum comfort, they too have some of the cons.
- Security can be a risk if you are staying alone in an independent home.
- Adding up facilities like AC, Power backup and other equipment can be expensive and managing can also be difficult at cases.
- You need to spend an amount for sports facilities and external clubs if you are in an independent home.
- In case of electricity fails or other problems, you will need to call service men each time.
- Household security would be a hassle if you are the one who travels often for the business works.
- In the case of expensive lands which includes tier 1 or metros then you would not be able to own the spaces for your garden or to walk around.
Advantages of buying an Apartment
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy if are in a mind up to get an apartment.
- Security is high at apartments and you need not worry about traveling anywhere.
- Facilities namely water backup, power backup etc. can be easily rectified in the case of an apartment home.
- Most of the apartment will include external clubs, gyms, sports facilities and much more within them so that you need not go out and spend a lot outside.
- You can make a call anytime in the case of electricity fail or any other problems as there will be a person to reduce the hassle of maintaining your home.
- In case of shifting, you can provide the home to rent and therefore a huge income is guaranteed.
- There is wide space for parking in the case of an apartment home.
- Most of the apartments will be convenient with apartment complexes and other basic stores within them so that you need not go out for getting the items often.
- There will be person or staff allocated in the apartment to pay your water, electricity or any other bills which mean you do not need to put extra effort.
Disadvantages of an Apartment
Follow up the drawbacks of an apartment home below
- In the case of common facilities, you will need to spend some of your money and this can be expensive in some cases.
- You will not be able to make the alteration on exteriors of your home.
- You will not be able to set up your home as your wish.
- Limited space at the apartment will not let your pets to grow with freedom and you will not have much space for setting up a garden.
- There will be a lot of disturbance in case of celebrations or functions in one of your neighbor apartment.
- No chance of expanding the apartment further in the future for your children.
Hope the above pros and cons of both Independent home and Apartment made you clear in getting the right one.
Any queries, thoughts, and ideas on the topic are welcome!
What do you prefer? Apartment or an Individual Home?
Find out here subhagruha latest ventures: www.subhagruha.com